MAN RAJ GURUNG Founder and Owner
ATTA Certified Guide: Trek/Tour/Mountain
MBS, MA in Buddhism and Himalayan Studies
MAN RAJ GURUNG born to a Gorkha family in 1977, grew up in a remote mountain village of eastern Annapurna region. After completing his high school education, he tried to follow his father’s legacy to join the British Gorkha Army several times, but destiny turned him in another direction.
After he pursued his education, including a master’s Degree in business, it was still difficult to get job in Kathmandu. His love for the mountains, people and trekking he decided to further his studies in tourism. He joined the tourism sector in 2007 as a porter. It was and still is his passion to bring people closer to Nepal’s mountains and culture, so he started as a porter job in the high mountain passes to know learn more about the trails, experience the weather, culture, flora fauna etc.
In 2009 he joined Ker and Downey Nepal as a Kathmandu office representative and worked as a Tour and Trekking guide until 2016. After 7 years of trekking tourism experience, he started his own adventure as trekking, tour and mountain guide founding his own company Bodhi Adventures Pvt. Ltd. as an entrepreneur as well. He compassionately and safely led Trekkers in various parts of Nepal. His treks expanded all over different areas of Khumbu valley/Everest region, Helambu Region, Langtang Region, Manaslu Region including Tsum Valley and Nubri Valley, Round Annapurna, Upper Mustang, Annapurna Sanctuary, Mardi Himal, Khopra-Khayar Lake etc. region in the mountains to Pokhara, Lumbini, Chitwan National Parks in the lower valleys and Terai.
After exploring Nepalese cultures and landscapes more in-depth to serve his customer he found himself developing an interest in Buddhism. Also, he noticed that many of the tourists showed curiosity and asked questions about Buddhism. So, he decided to pursue his education in Buddhist Studies. He completed one year Post Graduate Diploma from Tribhuvan University and Masters in Buddhism & Himalayan Studies from Lumbini Buddhist University. He is a devoted practitioner serving everyone with kindness and compassion. – Namaste!
- Tourist Guide Training 2009
- Trekking Guide Training 2010
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid Training 2010
- Basic Journalism and Photography Training for Trekking Guides 2014
- Bird Watching Tourism Training 2016
- Adventure Travel Guide Training 2016
- Introductory Rock Climbing Course 2017
- Rock Climbing Course Level I 2018
- Helicopter Marshall Course 2018
- Basic Mountaineering Course 2018
- Basic Mountain Navigation Course 2018
- Basic Mountain Rescue Course 2018
- High Mountain Rescue Course 2019
- Avalanche Rescue Course 2019
- Refreshment Training for Mountaineers 2019
- Advance Mountaineering Course 2019-20
|1.||Mera Peak||6,470m||16 May 2019|
|2.||Island Peak (Imja Tse)||6,165m||23 May 2019|
|3.||Lobuche Peak||6,135m||25 May 2019|
|4.||Kyazo Ri Peak||6,186m||17 Oct 2019|
|5.||Ama Dablam||6,812m||14 Nov 2019|